I’m so thankful that I rarely experience a serious full blown migraine these days, since I’ve learned what foods to avoid. I’ve done some research on what to do to ease the vomiting and nausea if you or a loved one has a migraine attack.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Drink in small sips.
- Add salt & honey. Salt recover sodium levels. Honey compensates for glucose loss.
- Light vegetable soups are helpful.
- Juices are beneficial – not acid such as lemon, orange, or tomato juice. Apple juice or bilberry juices are best. Apples are a natural antacid.
- Bananas, white rice, oats, and ginger stop vomiting.
- Drink rice water to stop vomiting. White rice has more starch which is beneficial. Boil 1/2 cup white rice in 1 1/2 cups water for 20 minutes. Rice can be discarded or eaten with rice water, in this case boil for 30 minutes.
- Oatmeal is very digestible. It contains a lot of carbohydrates that provide energy.
- Treating Migraines without Medication (wholesomeone.com)
- Understanding Migraine Headaches (health.usnews.com)