I actually haven’t tried using this yet, just looked it up today. I was ironing and was running low on spray starch which made me think that I could probably make this myself instead of adding this to my Wal-Mart list. http://frugalliving.about.com/od/colthing/r/Spray_Starch.htm
- 1 heaping tablespoon corn starch (I’m out of corn startch so I used tapioca flour)
- 1 pint cold water
- 1-2 drops essential oil (optional)
1. Combine the cornstarch and water in a bowl, and stir until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. (The mixture will be milky in color)
2. Add in a couple drops of essential oil for fragrance, if desired.
3. Then, transfer to a spray bottle, and use.
1. For best results, shake before each use.
2. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly.