I found this recipe on Nourished and Nurtured website. It’s a high protein, high fiber, low carb bread. I’ve been making it and enjoying having bread to eat, since I’ve cut out wheat products from my diet the last few years. I must say that this bread is a lot like a cake and I love eating it with butter and my homemade sugar-free maple syrup on top!
2/3 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. honey or 30 drops liquid stevie or 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
3/4 tsp. sea salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda or 2 tsp. Baking powder and no vinegar
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Turn off heat and allow to cool a bit. Stir in the honey and vinegar.
- Break the eggs into a medium bowl. Add the salt, baking soda, almond flour, and butter mixture. Mix together with mixer.
- Measure out the coconut flour. It will need to be sifted.
- With mixer, mix the sifted coconut flour into the other ingredients very well. Mixture will be very thick, but don’t add any liquid.
- Spoon the batter into a well-buttered 8.5″x 4.5″ loaf pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about 45- 55 minutes. It will be done when it is set in the middle (check by pressing lightly in middle or when toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool for about 15 minutes, then use a spatula or knife to go around the edges. Invert the pan and transfer loaf to a cooing rack. Cool completely.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge or freezer. I like to slice it fairly thin and place waxed paper between the slices and store in the freezer.
- Coconut Bread (livinglifepurely.com)
- Paleo Coconut Loaf (shrinkinginkdgirl.com)
- Recipe: Paleo Banana Bread (samuelsidler.com)